Biological Sciences Department
The Department of Biological Sciences (DBC) is intended to encourage and promote the development of Biological Sciences through academic programs and research projects.
The Department provides for the following infrastructure available for undergraduate and graduate professors and students:
- Research and teaching labs with modern, state-of-the-art equipment.
- DNA sequencer: instrument that allows using effective and accurate tools for mutation detection, polymorphisms analysis and DNA sequencing.
- Calculation Center (Bio-calculation): it has modern and cutting edge programs that allow for optimal scientific information management (data archives, statistical processing, etc.).
- Vivarium: place where live animals used for research and teaching purposes are kept.
- Museum of National History: this museum is home to important collections in the areas of botany, zoology and fungae, which are organized for teaching and research consultation purposes.