The swift transformations undergone by Colombian and the world economy and the new challenges faced by the contemporaneous society have created the need for professionals from all disciplines, some more than others, to acquire a basic understanding of economics to interpret current trends.
The purpose of this Option is to provide students with basic training in Economics in order to:
- Provide them with tools for them to better understand economic phenomena, complementing the studies of their discipline.
- Learn and analyze the country’s reality from the economic standpoint.
- Get students interested in the study of economics with a view to carry out more advanced studies such as the Master’s Program in Economics offered at present by the School of Economics.
- Create interdisciplinary opportunities to reflect on the problems being faced by our society.
The Economics Option consists of six (6) or five (5) subjects that should add up to a total of 18 credits. Students are to choose from the courses offered each semester by the School in accordance with their areas of interest (no mandatory subject from the student`s area of study may be used to complete the courses of this Option).
- No mandatory subject from the students’ area of study can be used to complete the courses of this Option.
- Students are not required to write a final monograph.
- There are other 3-credit elective courses from different areas in economics offered each semester to complete this Option.
- Students who would like to carry out the Master’s Program in Economics after they complete their undergraduate studies may take some of the courses from the accreditation cycle of these programs as part of the Economics Option.
Contact: Claudia Meza
Contact Position: Directora de Pregrado Facultad de Economía
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liaison at the School or Department