The Specialization in Integrated Environmental Management seeks to train professionals to work in the following areas:
- Definition of environmental priorities at local, regional or national levels.
- Definition of needs for surveys and works for environmental protection.
- Development of environmental control programs.
- Environmental impact assessments.
- Direction of Environmental Management Programs.
- Presentation and management of environmental problems in industries before the State institutions dealing with environmental control.
The specialization is divided into five (5) cycles. Each cycle as a value of four (4) credits. Four (4) modules of 20 hours each will be studied during the first four cycles. In the fifth cycle, the student must pursue two (2) modules apart from the Final Graduation Project. All modules are compulsory.
Research or Concentration Areas
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental health and pollution
- Environmental impact
- Environment in Colombia
- Environmental control
- Definition of environmental priorities
- Conduction of works for environmental protection
- Environmental impact assessment
The program lasts one and a half years and consists of five cycles which are listed below:
This program is aimed at professionals that perform a professional activity related to environmental quality control with a degree in the areas of Engineering or Basic Sciences. Eventually, professionals of other disciplines may be admitted when the importance of the program for their professional practice is demonstrated. It is highly recommendable to have at least two years of proven experience, supported by recommendation letters.