Visual Computing Option
Provide students of the Universidad de los Andes (mainly from the areas of engineering, sciences, design and art) with the understanding and skills required to tackle the current challenges of applying visual computing in an interdisciplinary environment.
The purpose of this Option is to:
- Create an opportunity to produce and handle knowledge focused on the application of visual computing.
- Train professionals in the understanding of concepts, techniques and uses of visual computing tools in situations related to their professional business.
- Promote the understanding of advanced technologies and their application in the area of visual computing
- Encourage the creation of interactive artistic design on the conceptual and technical levels.
This Option is coordinated together with the Departments of Art and Design.
This Option is made up of 15 credits, divided into three blocks: Complementary basic block (3 credits), Introductory Block (6 credits) and Advanced Block (6 credits) The Option offers students several lines of concentration:
- Web design and visualization
- Design of interactive environments
- Construction of interactive 3D environments
- Viewing and image processing
- Programming autonomous objects (robotics and teleoperation)
- Non-linear narratives and real and virtual interactive spaces.
Estructura del programa
3 / 4 créditos básicos complementarios.
ISIS1204- Algorítmica y programación-1 (Obligatoria para no ingenieros) / o ARTE1215-Taller expresión experimental / o DISE1106- Estudio 1 (4 créditos)
INGENIERÍA DE SISTEMAS Y COMPUTACIÓN
Contacto: Juan Pablo Fernández
Cargo Contacto: Coordinador de Pregrado y Maestría Ing. de Sistemas
Correo Contacto: email@example.com
Liaison at the School or Department