Industrial Production Management Option
This Option offers students an organized, coherent set of knowledge and skills in the area of industrial production, so that the students of Industrial Engineering may complement and reinforce the studies in their own discipline and students from other programs of study may delve into the topic. This will strengthen their capacities to work in managing industrial plants, either of discrete manufacturing or continuous processes. The expertise acquired by students in this option provides them with a proper view to work as a plant director, who is usually the person in charge of the entire operative part of the production plant, whose function is to carry out the optimum planning and use of the resources available, to meet the company’s production goals.
The following are the objectives of this Option:
- Complement undergraduate knowledge to create a systemic, comprehensive set of understandings in the area of industrial production.
- Provide students with a view of our productive system, identifying lines of action and development.
- Motivate students to function in this field of work.
- Support and encourage in students and professors the development of industrial production.
Students who have completed this Option will have basic knowledge and skills in the areas of Materials and Processes, Production Planning, Quality and Administration.
This Option consists of six courses (18 credits).
- Check with the Option Coordinator regarding new courses being offered.
Contact Position: Coordinador Ingeniería Industrial
Liaison at the School or Department