Systems Engineering and Computational Sciences Department
- To offer a program for professional training that, apart from allowing its students to acquire and develop the knowledge, skills, and competences in the field of systems engineering and computational sciences, boosts creativity, innovation and discipline of personal study, and the effective communication with people from other disciplines and other levels.
- To create a postgraduate school which, through research and specialized counseling, shall allow to respond to the needs of the country related to production of knowledge and permanent training of professors and students.
- To offer programs of specialization, geared to strengthening the professional practice in specific domains.
Research or Concentration Areas
The department counts on research groups on the following areas:
Software building, the software building group focuses its research efforts in the area of flexible-software architectures. This includes the topics related to the models of components, programming as per aspects, models of containers, service architecture, integration architectures, event-based architecture, orchestration-based architectures and dynamic adaptation of architectures. The group goes over the aforesaid topics on its research projects: CUMBIA, GAITA, GSD and CuPi2.
Information engineering, the information engineering group endeavors to do research, adapt, develop and transfer the knowledge on technologies, tools and methodologies related to the handling of the information component within the context of computer-based solutions. The specific topics are: Data storage, OLAP analysis and data mining, business-smart tools, data architecture, handling of persistence on applications oriented to objects and multimedia, using the geographical content on information systems, and handling of information on mesh-computation.
Education by computer means, teaching and research in this area focus on fundamenting and developing the design and practice of education by virtual or real attendance to classes, with the support of information technologies and communication systems.
- Developing and assessing the software and multimedia systems used for educational purposes.
- Education in the domain of computational sciences with the support of computers.
- Multimedia used in education.
- Learning support-systems with-without Interne.
- Artificial intelligence and its applications in the field of education.
- Virtual and interactive teaching-learning systems.
- Electronic commerce
- Software building
- Software for networks
- Information security
- Area of deepening on Systems engineering (con profundización en Ingeniería de Sistemas)