The Geography Option is a structured interdisciplinary option with undergraduate courses in Anthropology, Architecture, Biology, Economics, History and Environmental Engineering. It consists of five courses (15 credits), distributed as follows:
- One mandatory course (3 credits)
- Three elective courses (9 credits), at least one in each of the two areas offered by the program (Space and Society - Nature and Culture)
- Research Area (3 credits): One seminar or one guided research project.
Elective courses cannot be mandatory courses or elective courses from the student`s program of study, except for Colombian Geography (HIST 2204B) and General Geography (HIST 2407B). Guided Research must be different from the graduation project, or the research project from other options that the student is enrolled in and must be approved by the Option Committee.
- There is no guarantee that all the courses will be given every semester; the list may vary with new offers. Students are recommended to be on the alert for the updated list available at the Coordination Unit of the History Department each semester to choose the subjects for their option.
- No student may take more than one course in Biology, Architecture, Environmental Engineering or Anthropology. Exceptional cases will be considered by the Option Committee.
- To take one of the courses or seminars offered in the Geography Masters programme (MGEO codes), the student must have the previous approval of the teacher in charge of the course.
Contact Position: Coordinadora Académica Departamento de Historia
Liaison at the School or Department