Economics: Risk and Information Economy Specialization
||Specialist in Risk and Information Economy
|Number of credits
The Risk and Information Economics Specialization seeks to train professionals on the use of various Micro and Macroeconomics theoretical and empirical tools, geared towards the understanding, analysis, forecast and regulation of financial, domestic, and international asset markets. The curricular structure will provide students with the adequate conceptual tools for analyzing and understanding markets, as well as with the procedures and institutions used in the economic management of risk and information.
Cycle Foundations Of Economy
This Program's alumni are characterized by:
- Their training on the concepts, theories, and empirical instruments developed by the economic science for the study and forecast of financial markets.
- Their training on the tools to identify short, medium, and long-term trends in financial markets and economy in general, based on the understanding acquired on the dynamics of fundamental economics variables.
- Their skills to manage computer and econometric methods, based on understanding the relationship between microeconomics, macroeconomics, risk, and institutions, within financial markets.
- Their familiarization with institutional topics on the management of information and risk in Colombia and in the world, as well as supervision and control arrangements in the country.
- Being qualified professionals to take on specialized tasks of the sector's regulation agencies.
- Being qualified individuals to perform a specialized professional activity in all the agencies that interact in financial and capital markets.
For further information go to the School of Economics webpage: http://economia.uniandes.edu.co.