Research of Emphasis Areas
Research is one of the activities of most interest to the Department of Chemical Engineering of the Universidad de los Andes. For this we have the support of researchers highly trained at top universities abroad, a laboratory infrastructure with the latest technology in equipment, strategic agreements with research centers in North America and Europe, and the best students and support staff.
This way, the Department of Chemical Engineering seeks, through their research, to generate new knowledge and technologies that have a real impact on a national and international level in three mayor areas:
- Skills to apply their knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- Skills to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Skills to design a system, component or process that satisfies desired needs taking into account, realistic restrictions such as: Economical, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturing and sustainable.
- Skills to work in multidisciplinary work teams.
- Skills to identify formulate and solve engineering issues. Comprehension of the ethical and professional responsibility.
- Skills to communicate effectively.
- Education (comprehensive, broad and general) necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions within a global, economic, environmental and social context).
- Acknowledgement of the need to practice continuous learning throughout life and skills necessary to accomplish it.
- Knowledge of contemporary fields of interest.
- Abilities to use technical skills and modern engineering tools which are necessary for the practice of engineering.
|CBU-||Uniandino Basic Cycle Course||
|ISIS-1204||Algorithms and Object-Oriented Programming I||
|IQUI-1001||Introduction to Chemical Engineering||
|IQUI-1002||Laboratorio de Introducción a la Ingeniería Quimica||
|Total Credit Hours:||18