The purpose of the Biology Option is:
- Provide students from other Programs at the University with an understanding of biological processes on which many of the applications of their respective programs of study are based.
- Provide students from other programs with a general view of biology for them to be able to implement creative initiatives in the course of their future activities.
- Play a role in students obtaining solid knowledge of Biology through basic theoretic-practical courses offered by the Department of Biological Sciences.
- Play a role in students’ success in Graduate programs in other areas that require proper training in Biology.
The program may be completed taking at least 17 credits of courses in the Department of Biological Sciences, as follows: One mandatory course and four or five elective courses in Biology.
- Students interested in taking advanced Biology courses will have to meet the corresponding prerequisites or get special authorization from the professor in charge of the course and their counselor.
- The comprehensive training courses offered by the Department of Biological Sciences may be validated for students with this Option, such as: Biodiversity, Conservation and Development (BIOL 1324A), Genetics, Technology and Society (BIOL1210B, Plants and Man (BIOL 1325B). In each case, they should check with the counselor.
- Some subjects (mandatory or elective) that have laboratory classes may be taken with or without the respective laboratory complement, at the option of the student and subject to authorization by the counselor and/or professor in charge of the course.
Contact: Jorge Alberto Molina Escobar
Contact Position: Coordinador Académico Departamento de Biología
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liaison at the School or Department