The Education Option offers students the chance to reflect, discuss and learn aobut learning and how to facilitate it. It is an interesting alternative for those who are interested in getting to know more about their own learning, as well as those who would like to support the learning of others. Those who are interested in their own learning will find in this Option the chance to understand the factors that affect their learning, to design strtegies to learn better and develop a learning attitude that will last a lifetime. Those interested in supporting the learning of others will have the chance to acquire the basic skills to design and evaluate effective learning environments in their academic area, at the school or university level.
This Option enables students:
- To become familiar with the different conceptions of learning and knowledge that have led to the creation of different learning environments over the course of history;
- Reflect analytically on the characteristics and effects of their own past and present learning experiences;
- Experience potentially novel learning and evaluation processes, analyze them and contrast them with others they have gone through.
- Analyze the relationship between different social and educational problems and take a position on the matter;
- Develop an independent viewpoint on how to favor your own learning and/or that of others
- Design a learning proposal, apply it and compare it to those of professionals in this discipline and by means of class observation and discussion with professors, reflect on the type of learning that can promote your proposal in order to reformulate theirs.
The Education Option is made up of five courses (16 credits) distributed as follows: three mandatory cources (10 credits, including an internship) and two elective courses (6 credits).
In order to take the Internship course (EDUC 3000), students must first take the mandatory courses: Learning Environments Over the Course of History (EDUC 1000A) and Constructivism and Learning (EDUC 1000B).
Contact: María Teresa Gómez
Contact Position: Coordinadora de la Opción
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liaison at the School or Department